Saturday, November 7, 2009

Deekshant Samaroh!!

The 2nd of November 2009 was a day, the memories of which I will always cherish. I got "convocated" on that day!! :D That is to say I attended the convocation ceremony of my university and got my degree of Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication. As soon as we, the graduands reached the venue we were seated at places designated for us and a sound track was played as the guests started to walk down the aisle to reach the stage. The sound track (this is a small video clip) was so very wonderful....It aroused so many emotions within me; patriotism, pride and a sense of accomplishment being the most predominant ones! :) I do not know why, but as I was listening to the track, I felt love for my country. A lot of responsibility was being put on my shoulders along with the degree I thought and the thought made me feel happy. Never in the course of 4 years of study in the college did I think that I would get a sense of accomplishment out of my BE degree. But that is exactly what happened. I was proud. Getting a BE was actually a big deal, I thought, why otherwise will they organise such a grand function.


My friends and me getting our degrees.


Needless to say, while receiving the degree on-stage and afterwards too we took a lot of pictures and made some videos too. And when we were completely engrossed in posing for the pictures something happened that again flooded me with emotions. And again it was a sound track that started to play. In a split second all of us who were running here and there and throwing graduation hats in the air, realised what the track was. It was the National Anthem of India. Everyone stopped right where he or she was and started singing along. To sing the national anthem with around 2500 people was an experience, a feeling that is impossible for me to describe. After that all of us went for dinner and thus the evening came to an end. What a day it was!! I wish I get to attend such a function at least once more.

P.S I got a mail from a friend of mine congratulating me. He is a PhD holder himself. His mail has inspired me a lot and I put it here so that all of you who read this post get inspired too.

Dear Ram,

It is a great feeling to receive the first degree of life. I hope you will not definitely stop here.

I hope you will receive few more in your interested area.

Wish you all the best for your future.

Enjoy this moment !!!

cheers

39 comments:

Kumar Rakesh said...

I don't think everyone attending their convocation understands the bigger picture and the value of the moment... truly inspiring to hear such great thoughts..
Thanks for sharing it :)
All the very best for your future

Kumar Rakesh said...

Please upload few of your photos as well of the convo.

皮東 said...

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.............................................

天天影片 said...

Cast not the first stone. ........................................

春天來嚕 said...

從人生中拿走友誼,猶如從生活中移走陽光........................................

River's Disguise said...

Who is the person in the joker outfit?

仲亨仲亨 said...

I do like ur article~!!! ........................................

佩昭彥怡 said...

A liar is not believed when he speaks the truth. ........................................

筱婷筱婷 said...

how do u do?................................................................

怡萱 said...

辛苦了!祝你愈來愈好!........................................

馨儀 said...

Thx ur share........................................

子凌50529nealsickles said...

笑口常開~~天天開心........................................

宗翰 said...

卡爾.桑得柏:「除非先有夢,否則一切皆不成。」共勉! ....................................................

偉誠 said...

看看blog調整心情,又要來繼續工作,大家加油........................................

BlakeR_采男 said...

男女互悅,未必廝守終生,相愛就是美的。..................................................

佩GailBohanan1蓉 said...

Undertake no more than you can perform. ............................................................

hernande said...

黃金千金,不如季布一諾。 ............................................................

雅馨 said...

幸福不是一切,人還有責任。..................................................

俊源 said...

Pen and ink is wits plough.................................................................

雅惠 said...

喜歡你的部落格,留言請您繼續加油.................................................................

陳慧 said...

Pen and ink is wits plough.................................................................

許紀廷 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。....................................................................

亦妮亦妮 said...

一定要保持最佳狀況呦,加油!!!期待你發表的新文章!.................................................................

啟佐啟佐 said...

如果成為一支火柴,也要點亮一個短暫的宇宙;如果是一隻烏鴉,也要叫疼閉塞的耳膜。.................................................................

JasonBirk佳琪 said...

thanks. i like it!>▽<..................................................................

于倫 said...

thank you for you to make me learn more,thank you∩0∩..................................................................

倫惟倫惟 said...

Constant dripping wears away the stone. 滴水穿石!加油!..................................................................

蔡舜娟蔡舜娟 said...

i consder your artical is so nice!............................................................

青卉 said...

成功可招引朋友,挫敗可考驗朋友............................................................

洪瑋婷洪瑋婷 said...

你不能決定生命的長度,但你可以控制它的寬度..................................................................

謝惠陳韋富敏 said...

分享的朋友,在精不在多,分享的幸福就在下一秒................................................

珮鄧韋 said...

這麼好的部落格,以後看不到怎麼辦啊!!..................................................................

李蔡文山家榮 said...

不妄求,則心安;不妄作,則身安!......................................................

家唐銘 said...

被你的人氣吸引過來~~............................................................

謝俊林奕宏宏 said...

人類的聰明,並非以經驗為依歸,而是以接受經驗的行程為依歸。..................................................

信陳定 said...

Poverty tries friends...................................................................

峻胡邦慧v帆 said...

留言支持好作品~來打聲招呼-大家好!!! ..................................................................

家陳瑞尹明 said...

生命所經歷的折磨愈多,其所產生的奮鬥力愈大。................. ................................................

石JaquelynS_Whitesi白 said...

天生我材必有用,千金散盡還復來。.. ...............................................................