Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How human are humans?


I got a mail today with the subject "Why the sea turned red in denmark?" It is about the mass killings of whales and dolphins in denmark and how the sea water turns red with the blood from the killings...and about how inhuman humans are, to be doing that...the attached pictures were too gruesome(you can find the pics on google if you want to have a look; youtube has videos too; I have attached a picture too) to be real and so I did what I always do when I get such forwards...I googled to see if the story was true...I stumbled upon the following links....

http://www.startribune.com/templates/Print_This_Story?sid=59783702

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/08/090810-cove-movie-dolphins-ngm.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2006/11/061114-dolphin-hunt.html

I found out that this is practised not only in Denmark but also in Canada and Japan.

But you know what....why talk about only dolphins....hundreds of thousands of other animals are hunted everyday for their meat....exactly the point made somewhere in the article in the first link above....is it that killing of dolphins only is inhuman and killing the other animals is very human??or is it just the visual appeal of water turning red....just look at the drain water coming out of any slaughter house that sells pork or beef and I am sure the colour of the water will not be very different from red....But, what can we do about it? That is the way humans have grown...there is a theory that humans became as intelligent as they are only because they ate meat from the other animals....That is humans became what they are because they are inhuman!!